Apple Oatmeal Vegan Bread Machine Recipe
This vegan bread machine recipe is healthy and delicious. Fresh apples, oatmeal, and cinnamon create the perfect sweet loaf that can be eaten fresh from the machine or as toast for breakfast!
- 1/3 cup plant milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp neutral flavored oil
- 2/3 cup apples peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose or bread flour
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp bread machine or instant yeast
Place all of the ingredients into your bread machines bread pan in the order recommended by your manufacturer.
Select the "Basic Cycle" and 1.5 pound loaf settings
Adjust the crust colour to your preference. I used the "light" crust setting
**Calorie and nutrition information are an estimate only.
- For a lower-calorie loaf, skip the oil and add 2 tbsp water instead. There is already plenty of flax in the recipe to add moisture.
- Be sure you are using "instant yeast" or "bread machine yeast". Traditional yeast needs to be dissolved before adding to a bread recipe and it is not meant to be used in a bread machine.
- Be sure to keep the cinnamon and the yeast separate from each other especially if you are using a delayed setting on your machine. Cinnamon can impact how well the yeast will perform.
- Use the quick-cooking oats, not steel-cut oats.
- There is no need to add the apples in at a different time in the cycle. Just be sure to peel and cube them well. 2/3 cup of diced apple is about 1 medium apple.