Vegan Autumn Pumpkin Seed Loaf
This not too sweet loaf is the perfect side for all of your Autumn dishes!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree ***NOT Pumpkin Pie FILLING
- 1/4 cup plant milk I used Silk Soy Original
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil Canola is fine here-don't use a strong flavored oil like olive.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 3/4 tsp all spice, ground clove or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
To Toast the Pumpkin Seeds:
place a non-stick pan over medium heat
add enough pumpkin seeds to evenly cover the base of the pan
toast for close to 5 minutes
shake the pumpkin seeds in the pan and lower the heat to low
allow to toast for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until done
your seeds are done when you can smell them, and they are a golden brown colour.